Have you worried about how to help an employee who is at work but barely coping after a distressing experience?
Perhaps they seem overwhelmed by powerful emotions, which lead to outbursts, tears or withdrawal from the team. Their line manager doesn’t know how to motivate them after a traumatic or shocking experience.
HR teams have asked Confidence to Return for help in this situation and we’re delighted to offer our In-Work Preventative Coaching in response.
We are determined to help your people do better than ‘cope’. Our In-Work Coaching is preventative. We want to guide your employees through their challenges, so they don’t need to take long-term sick leave for anxiety or depression, or worse, leave.
What can trigger distress
Shocking or distressing experiences happen to us all the time. Examples include:
- finding out you cannot have children
- being diagnosed with a chronic illness
- being robbed in the street
- witnessing a distressing situation
- getting groped at an office party – #MeToo
- a challenging divorce
There are many triggers and we know different employees will react and recover differently. One thing is certain, hoping they ‘just get over it’ could be unrealistic, harm their wellbeing and your business.
Our In-Work Coaching includes:
- expressing and processing emotions
- coping strategies
- mindfulness technique
- developing communication skills
- long-term stress management
This can be delivered in face-to-face, email and phone meetings.
And in addition to a range of talking modalities, we are trained to offer Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Total Release Experience (TRE) therapy.
How your business benefits from In-Work Support
- build employee commitment
- reduce sickness absence
- retain valuable and experienced employees
- build a supportive community in the workplace
- enhance your reputation as an employer of choice
If something is affecting an employee’s wellbeing you know it makes sense to offer support sooner rather than later. Let Confidence to Return help you keep them In-Work, thriving rather than coping.
Get in touch to find out how we can help your employees.
Confidence to Return – Employee support when you need it most